In 12th Aug, the 7-inch slate Acer Iconia Tab A100 finally hit the market. It has been nine months since 10-inch Iconia Tab A500 on the scene. Gaming, social networks or multimedia? The ICONIA TAB A100 is up for anything. With the clear WSVGA screen, it’s easy to enjoy a splendid entertainment on the go, complete with a vibrant Dolby Mobile soundtrack. Listen to your favourite tracks, watch the latest YouTube hits, or snap away with the 5MP auto-focus rear camera and admire your masterpieces on the 7-inch display with 16:10 form factor.However, how do we put and transfer movies/videos/music files to the first Android 3.2 Honeycomb Tablet.
This may seem very simple, but nevertheless, sometimes the simplest thing throws us off. Don’t take it for granted that your computer can recognize the Acer Inconia Tab A100 without a driver. To transfer videos and music to Acer Inconia Tab A100, you need first connect Acer Inconia Tab A100 to a PC as a USB storage device, and for that purpose a specific USB drive is required.
Here are steps for you to transfer video and music to Acer Inconia Tab A100:
1. Visit www.acer.com/worldwide/support for the latest driver. Download and install the latest USB driver on your computer before connecting Acer Inconia Tab A100 to the computer. This allows you to transfer video, music and images to, or from, your PC, using your PC’s file explorer.
2. Plug the micro USB connector to Acer Inconia Tab A100, and plug the other end of the USB cable into a USB port on your PC.
3. Acer Inconia Tab A100′s internal memory will be visible as an external drive in your PC’s file explorer after a short delay. Now the Acer Inconia Tab A100 is connected as a USB storage device now you can put videos and music to the tablet just as you do with any other USB stick.
You might as well use Acer Sync for transferring files to Inconia Tab A100. Acer Sync is the framework that allows you to easily synchronize your contacts, calendar, photos and videos between your tablet, PC and corresponding Google services. The app should be installed to your computer. Click here to Download Acer Sync for transferring videos and music from Window PC to Inconia Tab A100.
Something you should know before transferring videos and music to the Acer A100:
1. Acer Inconia Tab A100 supported video and audio formats
Audio playback: AAC-LC, AAC, AAC+ (Not raw AAC), AMR-NB, AMR-WB, MP3, OGG Vorbis, WAV
Video playback: H.264 BP, H.264 MP, H.264 HP, MPEG-4 SP, H.263
2. Play universal formats and 1080p video on Acer Inconia Tab A100
Basically, the Inconia Tab A100 plays MP4 and AVI videos without problem. For playing MKV, VOB, TS, WMV, etc videos, you can install a universal media player (e.g. Moboplayer) to the slab or convert the video to H.264 MP4 format before sync. Considering the storage of Inconia Tab A100 (8GB/16GB), you’re advised to compress big 1080p HD video file to 1-2GB before transferring the movie to A100. Pavtube Acer Iconia Tab A100 Video Converter is a nice transcoder for converting and compressing videos to the Acer Inconia Tab A100.
3. Play videos and music from an attached USB storage device
The Host USB port on Acer Inconia Tab A100 is not merely for keyboard. A USB storage device can be connected to Acer A500 the USB port too. If you have tons of videos, music and pictures, you can store them in a USB stick and access the media files via USB connection with your Inconia Tab A100 ‘s multimedia apps. Just one thing to note- only the FAT or FAT32 formatted USB storage devices are supported, which means the a video file must not exceed 4GB.
That’s all. Now you can enjoy any movies and music on the Acer Inconia Tab A100 at ease! Thanks for reading.
Iconia Tab Files Transfer