If you have an Android Tablet like Motorola Xoom, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Galaxy Tab 7.7, Acer Iconia Tab, Sony Tablet S, Toshiba Thrive etc. and wanna play iTunes movies rent or bought on your slate, you can read the article below.
Why can we put iTunes purchases to an Android Tablet while prevented from playing back ?
Folks take it for granted that they have the full access and control of the things they purchased, but things turn to be different when it comes to copy-protected contents like movies purchased form iTunes Store. Copy-protection methods are supposed to stop pirating, but in reality it locks buyers to the seller’s will. Apple uses DRM (Digital Right Managemet) to protect their copy-right. DRM allows you to transfer a purchased iTunes movie to five computers (Windows or Mac), sync with Apple portable devices like iPad, iPhone, Apple TV and iPod, and burn to DVD for data archiving while preventing you from playing purchased iTunes movies on any other portable devices. DRM can not stop users putting iTunes movie to an Android tablet, but it stops an Android tablet playing iTunes movies- that’s why you get gray screen when trying to play an iTunes movie on Android tab.
How-To: Play iTunes portected movies on Android Tablets
To have the full access and control of your purchased iTunes videos, movies, and TV shows, you need professional DRM removal tool that convert iTunes DRM-protected contents to DRM-free videos. Here it mainly provides an easy solution on how to get rid of DRM and convert iTunes movie to Android tablet friendly file type.
Required DRM removal tool: Pavtube ChewTune- best iTunes to Android Tablet Converter
Download a trial from here: iTunes movies/videos to Android Tablet (Windows 7 only)- a trial puts watermark on converted videos.
Preparation for conversion: change iTunes options:
1. Start up iTunes, and switch to “Movies” under LIBRARY.
2. Select the movies you’d like to convert, right click and select “Get Info”.
3. In the “Multiple Item Information” window, switch to “Options” tab, find “Remember position” and select “No” from its drop-down list. Click “OK”.
Now you’re ready to remove DRM from iTunes moives with iTunes to Android Tablet
1. Run iTunes DRM files to Android Tablet Converter, click “Add” button on the main interface to import iTunes movies, or you may drag and drop the movies from iTunes Movie Library to the software.
2. Click “Format” and select an output format for playing on Android tablet. Most Android tablets support DivX, MPEG-4, Xvid, H.263, and H.264 codec. Here I suggest you choose “Common Video>> H.264 Video (*.mp4)”, because H.264 .mp4 video play well on all the tablets on market (iPad, Galaxy Tab, PlayBook, Xoom, Iconia Tab, HP TouchPad, Eee Pad Transformer, HTC Flyer, etc). And it’s also a streaming media format, meaning you can stream H.264 .mp4 video to HDTV.
3. Click “Convert” to DRM-free iTunes movies. The conversion proceeds as iTunes plays the movies. So DO NOT turn off iTunes until the conversion is completed.
When conversion completes, click “Open” to locate the DRM-free movies. Now you’re ready to transfer/stream/play DRM-free iTunes movies onto Android tablet or smartphone.
1. iTunes Store movies are normally H.264 encoded .m4v files while H.264 encoded .mp4 format is more preferable for Android tablets- actually all tabs (Xoom, Galaxy Tab, HTC Flyer, HP Touch Pad, Playbook, etc) play the format.
2. You can extract MP3, AAC, WMA, M4R (iPhone Ringtone format) audio from iTunes Store videos with Pavtube ChewTune. Just select the audio format from “Common video” in step 2.